
This is Sarah.
She is a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister. Sarah has been diagnosed with cancer for the 2nd time.
Read about her courageous story here.
I was inspired as I read and wept. I want to do something to help.
I read this particular post by Sarah and it really hit home.
"A week after we heard the news from my PET scan I started a new diet. I jumped in full force and have hardly looked back...well to be honest the first few weeks I dreamed of doughnuts a lot! The diet is called an Alkaline diet. I have known about this type of diet for years but never had the desire to do it...here is why: I can only eat land and ocean vegetables, almonds, unrefined oils, quinoa, millett, amaranth, and most seeds and herbs. Which has been very difficult some days, but worth it. I've been completely off of Dairy, Meats, Grains and Sugar for 31 days. Looking back on this month I am amazed and relieved that I've been able to do it. Since starting I've learned a lot of different ways to cook vegetables and they taste good! Which has been exciting for me because I love food and finding new recipes.
I'm planning on doing this phase of the diet for 3 months, and we will see where I am at that time and how I'm feeling. I have felt very strongly that I needed to change what I was putting into my body. I've asked Heavenly Father to heal my body, and in doing so I feel a great responsibility with how I am taking care of myself, and what I am eating. My Dad always taught me that "God helps those who help themselves." I know that this is true.
So my idea is this. I want to do this with Sarah, so I am challenging YOU along with me for 31 days to have no sugar and take a lot of junk out of our lives. Focus on her, focus on serving and helping others, focus on spending more time with your family, friends, outside, you get the idea. Then, if you are able to, I think it would be great to take that money that would have been spent on soda, candy or various other things and donate it to Sarah and her family. Let's fight with Sarah, and through her become better people ourselves. You can donate on Sarah's blog or at any Zion's bank under the Sarah McMullin O'Gwin donation account. This account will be open until May 2nd 2010. Start NOW, 31 days for Sarah.
Please leave a comment if you are in, and repost this on your blog too!
St. Patty's Day
8 years ago







2 comments:
I'm a chicken. What a great idea though. I have a hard enough time cooking regular dinners for my family as it is. I know I would fail miserably. I want to hear how it goes.
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
Post a Comment