I know it's a bit iffy to talk politics, especially without offense to someone so I haven't this far, but I feel strongly about this election and was impressed by a letter the First Presidency sent. So in church this past Sunday our Bishop read a letter from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It urged all church members to get educated about the candidates. Then depending on your own views and who you feel more strongly about make that decision and pray about it. Most of all they counseled us to vote. I thought this was so great. I personally was bummed about the 2 candidates in the first place, but after listening to debates and researching myself, I am most definetely voting for Senator McCain. This again is my personal opinion, and I just really don't think Senator Obama stands for good things. He puts down traditional family values and in my opinion his view on abortion shows his disregard for a human life. Also what I find disturbing is the fact that he wants to teach sex education in elementary school. These are very liberal views which I know MUCH of the world agrees with, and many of my dear liberal friends and family :) It is something I Tauni the conservative repulican, don't. I hope we can all take the time to find for ourselves whom we feel is the best candidate for us. That is the beauty of living in this free country. Sorry if I offended any of you, but again something I feel strongly about. I listed this link for those of you who would like some basic info on the 2 candidates and where they stand.
http://www.afa.net/pdfs/08vg_print.pdf
St. Patty's Day
8 years ago







5 comments:
Yeah, well, you didn't even mention that Obama practically quotes the Communist Manifesto! And then there's the economy...
Good job Tauni. My daughter in CA said they actually get involved in their wards for political reasons and all we are asked in Utah is to read about the candidates and make a good choice.
Hey, sorry for some reason I thought I had told you I had a blog. I have no idea where to write back to you so I am writing here. :) Thank for writing, it made me smile and I really needed to.
tauni that is awesome thank you for reminding us and making me aware of the issues. because of your links to the senate I wrote him, so its cool that it went through!
Tauni, I'm glad we are on the same page! Well, if Obama wins then I guess you know it is another sign of the times, right? Ha HA!
Post a Comment