Okay so I desperately need some help. Most of you know my husband is in the Bishopric. So far it's been pretty easy with the kids in Sacrament meeting by myself. Well Livi is really starting to be a stinker, espeically because our church time is right during her usual nap time. So yesterday I had one of those days where both kids were awful!!!! Livi colors for a minute, but quickly gets distracted, and Gavin has no interest in coloring. He's gotten too loud with the toy trucks, and snacks just seem to go everywhere but in their mouths, sugar would do, but I really don't want to pump my kids full of the stuff. Needless to say Livi kept screaming and having tantrums, Gavin kept laughing when she would and for some reason it makes him hyper... she's scooting underneath the benches and I am running after Gavin and taking him potty. Several people came up to me after sacrament and said "you should sit by us next week" that's how bad it was.
I am NOT very creative, and am fresh out of sacrament meeting ideas. I would love input on what you do with your kids, or if you have heard of any good ideas, PLEASE comment!
St. Patty's Day
8 years ago







3 comments:
Why aren't you sitting by the people that want to help you? You can't do everything yourself, especially when you have the next baby! I notice that Kelsee sits with Jayann all the time now. I think you need to adopt my Jessica or Rebecca Bennett! My 2 oldest boys used to be CRAZY! I never could stay in the chapel, it was hard. For us it helped if I left food and toys home and only let them draw, I would let them read but they wanted me to read, so I stopped bringing books. Also, when we had to take them out, we'd make them sit still on a chair in a classroom or something. THEN we started giving them 15 min. or Reverence Practice when they got home if we got to 3 in the meeting. You can still see me holding up one or two fingers to the kids in sac. mtg. haha! Oh, and that's why we used to sit up in the 2nd row, because there were less distractions and the Kijeks sat in front of us and were SO reverent. Is this enough advice? haha!
Hey Tauni -
That's one I still haven't mastered! Myrna usually grabs one of my kids for me and that helps (though I always feel guilty over it, so I understand your position) HOWEVER, it's about the only thing that bought me sanity some days... and still does actually. (Think they'd frown on bringing in portable dvd players?...hmmm)
Oh I feel for you but it does get better. Tell Jared condolences are in order. Just kidding. You both look great. I am so jealouse you went to hawaii. We can only dream.
Post a Comment