So those of you who know me know that I have wanted to teach kickboxing for awhile now. I always use the excuses of being pregnant and having little kids or whatever excuse I feel like using. I am just afraid of getting in front of people, even though it is something I love! (not getting in front of people, kickboxing) So last night I went to my kickboxing class at the local gym. We had just finished warming up and stretching and we're getting going with some hook punches. The next thing I know a girl who had come to class for the first time was on the floor. She had thrown her knee out. I mean way out!! I felt awful for her. The teacher ran back to her, told another person to call the ambulance, and she turned to me and threw the microphone at me and said you're teaching. I WAS TERRIFIED!!!!!!! Everyone is looking at me the music is going and the injured girl is crying in the background. Then my sister-in-law says get up there, so up I went and taught the rest of the class. It probably totally sucked and I definetely was not prepared. I'm glad I did it though, and now I know that I can do it, and it's not so bad. I was shaking afterward though!
St. Patty's Day
8 years ago







8 comments:
I guarantee you were good! I've worked out with you before!! Way to go!! BTW I love your brother in the gospel, and good luck at girls camp! and PS I tagged you, go to my blog to see what to do!!
You ROCKED! Keep it up. Hopefully I am trained enough to marathon with you!
Yeah! I bet that you were awesome! I have been teaching pilates for about a year now. I know that it is scary though and some days teaching are better than others, but all that counts is that you give them a butt kicking of their life!
So.. I just ran into Lacy today and she told me your kickboxing story! way to go!! but it reminded me of the good old times, when Lacy use to teach at lifestyles. that was fun!
I am camp cook this year in our ward and I think we have the same theme, I will pass on any good ideas. Do you have any ideas for food?!#
Lacy said you were comming down next week, lets do lunch!
totally random, I sat right in front of your sister-in-law, Jessica, on flight home from St. Louis tonight. Cute girl and what a small world. Your kids are so cute! I've never tried the kick boxing thing before, but way to go with taking over the class. I've thought about teaching some classes, but just don't if I could do it.
Go Tauni!! You were made to be a gym instructor!!! I bet you did amazing given the situation. way to go!!
Tauni,
We miss your postings. I am sure you are busy preparing for your half marathon. Good luck with it. I am sure you will do great. 13.1 miles is long....but it great to accomplish a goal. At least that is how I felt after my first 1/2 marathon. It did confirm one thing to me.........I am not a natural runner! :) I was sore! Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes.
I found you! Cute blog page. Good luck this weekend with the race!
Post a Comment