So on Sunday I was getting ready for church, I got out of the shower and couldn't find anything that I needed to get ready. No hair stuff or makeup. I made a quick call to my dad who confirmed that I had left all of my things at their house. Ughhh. So I decided to get ready for church the best I could with what I had. I used a mini blowdryer and no brushes, just a comb to dry my hair. Well I have natural curl in my hair and it didn't turn out so pretty. SO then I had an old flat iron that doesn't work to well. I gave that a go and my hair just turned out straight on top and frizzy on the ends. I'm a hairdresser but no magic was being worked on this hair. So then I looked at my pasty make-up less face in the mirror and thought, I will just get dressed put on some jewelry and that should doll me up enough. Sadly to say when I looked in the mirror I was horrified. It just really wasn't working out. So I sat on my bed and thought back and forth in my head, I'm not going to church like this, then I thought, yes you are you're not that vain just go. After about 5 minutes of this and a little lipgloss later, I decided to give into my vanity and not go to church. I called a sub last minute and felt like dirt that I didnt' go. I guess I really am that vain!
While on the subject of vanity I thought I would actually post a pic of Olivia when she is freshly bathed and hair done. Since it only lasts about 10 minutes, it's rare that I have pics of her like this. I think she's adorable!
St. Patty's Day
8 years ago







5 comments:
sister... i wouldn't have gone either. I miss my girl she is soo cute. cant wait to see her soon
I'm tellin ya i would of did the same thing, she looks so cute good thing she is already spoken for!:)
hahaha
That is so funny! What's really funny is that you probably look better than the rest of us without your hair done or without any makeup. So, quit your cryin`! :)
that is my favorite story and i am so glad that you wrote it on your blog! i wish that there was a picture accopmanying it.
Post a Comment